Friday 20 November 2015

Screenshots of Filming

Below are some screenshots of what I have filmed so far:



I think this bit of filming was successful because it shows the full body of Michael and also the gravestone in the background. I think the fact that the sun is starting to go down and the sky is a pinky colour makes this shot more effective. I also think this is a good angle because it gives the impression that Michael is just a silhouette which reflects his personality well.



I think that this was a successful shot because it frames the church and graveyard nicely behind the characters in the foreground, this means that the setting of this scene is very clear to the audience. I think the fact that it is a long shot makes it even more successful, this is because the body language of each character is effectively portrayed. For example; it is clear that Michael is tired as his hands are in his pockets and he has his shoulders back, I feel like this suggests he doesn't care about Kida much any more despite the fact that his facial expression suggests he is still angry. On the other hand Kida seems far more relaxed with the situation, showing that she isn't bothered about what's happening or the feelings her father has towards her.


This medium shot shows the same scene as the long shot above but is portrayed in a higher level of detail. I feel that this may be more effective as it focuses more on the facial expressions of the characters. I also like this as it has a slight upward angle which makes Michael look more intimidating. I think that this is especially good as the dialogue is threatening and backs up the idea of him being more powerful than Kida



I believe that this extreme close up of Michael's hands is very successful because of the level of detail and intimacy that it portrays. The angle is effective because it allows the viewer to mainly focus on the ring instead of his hands. I also like the lighting that I have used for this shot, the dark colours in the background ensure that his arms and hands stand out and are clearly in the foreground. I used a bright white camping light outside of the shot as well in order to light his wrists and the ring more, this allowed them to be seen more clearly on the camera


I think that this shot of St Bernards Hopsital is successful because it has a slight upwards angle that makes it seem intimating. I also like the way that I have framed it, because the building is slightly to the right of the frame with the van on the left hand side. This allows the whole building to be fit into one shot and effectively shows the environment it is based in


I think that this other long shot of St Bernards Hospital is successful because it shows the gates closing. I feel like this is effective because it gives the representation of a prison which is effectively where Kida gets sent as a child for violent behaviour.


I like the downward camera angle that I have used here because I feel that it makes the shot look creepy and eerie. I also think the fact that it is only focused on the chain makes it more effective and interesting





No comments:

Post a Comment