Thursday 19 November 2015

Music Options

These are some of the soundtracks I have found for my trailer, I need to make sure that I choose the most appropriate one as I will only have a little bit of dialogue in it. 



I am considering this bit of music because I feel that it would create the tense atmosphere I am aiming for. It is also an instrumental piece which means that it will be easier to hear the dialogue in my trailer. Although this is a good bit of music I feel like it may be too overwhelming for my trailer.



I am also thinking about using this piece of music as, like the first one it is also instrumental. The main reason I like this one though is because I find it still creates tension but isn't as heavy as the first option.


I am considering this as music to use in my trailer because I think it is different from the other options I have chosen. Unlike the first 2 choices this one does feature singing. Although this might not be ideal for dialogue it is possible to edit it so it dips when my characters talk. Even though this is a good option, I do not think it will be my final choice because I feel it wouldn't create the tension I am aiming for.


I thought about using this piece of music for my trailer as I like the idea of using a classic, popular song. The fact that it is slow might make my trailer sound creepy and tense which is what I am aiming for. Despite this I still don't think that it will be my final choice, purely because the pace doesn't quicken at all throughout the song. Because of this I don't think it will fit in with the thriller genre.


This is my final option for my trailer music. This is my favourite because I think it has all of the things I am looking for. The song starts off slow and creepy which will create tension at the beginning of my trailer. Later into the music though the pace does quicken slightly which means that I will be able to successfully heighten the fear, intensity and creepiness that the audience will experience. Overall I think this is most likely to be the song that I use in my own trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment